Established in 1908 by Ernie Erickson and eventually taken over by the Betz family. It started as a grocery store and souvenir stand. A dance hall and tavern were eventually added on. It was remodeled in 1940 with a new color scheme. The structure was demolished in 1970 per the article below. Known as Ellinee Resort Center. Surname of the people who took over is "Betz".