Located in the Royal Oak district of Detroit on N. Main Street at East 11 Mile Road. The Main Theatre opened on August 7, 1941 with 800 seats, and was operated for many years by Robert Anthony.
It was twinned in 1983, with seating for 340 and 290. It became a triple screen on October 15, 1993 and was renamed Landmark Main Art Theatre. It remains a popular movie house showing independent, foreign, and classic films. It was closed on March 16, 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Later reopened in was closed ‘temporary’ on April 23, 2021. It was announced on June 13, 2021 that the closure would be permanent.