Source: Cinema Treasures
Opened June 11, 1949, the Hi-Road Drive-In originally had a screen that measured 40' by 80', but this was blown down by heavy winds in January 1952, and replaced by a screen about half the original’s size. The Hi-Road Drive-In originally had a capacity for 400 cars. The Millers acquired the Hi-Road Drive-In in 1999, and found it needed a lot of work, having fallen into disrepair over the decades.
The Millers remodeled the concession booth, cleaned and cleared the lot, and restored the Artcraft marquee to its original 1940’s appearance. The Millers are currently seeking to replace the present screen with one close to the original screen’s size as well as improve lighting around the parking area and driveway. The Hi-Road Drive-In can accommodate over 600 cars in its lot, and now has two screens.
Please note that location entries may feature older photos or post card views that may not represent the current appearance or features of the attraction. This site is intended to be a historical as well as current record of various attractions but it is not always possible to have up-to-date information due to the vast number of locations featured here. We ask you consult the propietor for current information.